© Reuters. Trucking stocks weak after J.B. Hunt earnings
- Higher expenses led to a Q3 earnings miss for J.B. Transport Services (JBHT -3.9%). Baird attributes the weak profit mark to costs associated with J.B. Hunt attracting and retaining drivers (per Bloomberg).
- As an early reporter, JBHT’s earnings are creating a ripple effect across the sector. Decliners include ArcBest (ARCB -3.8%), Werner Enterprises (WERN -3.2%), Saia (SAIA -2.3%), YRC Worldwide (YRCW -2.5%) and Heartland Express (HTLD -1.2%).
- Previously: J.B. Hunt Transport Services misses by $0.05, beats on revenue (Oct. 13)
- Previously: More on .B. Hunt Transport Services’ Q3 (Oct. 13)
- Now read: SAF Holland Sa 2017 Q3 – Results – Earnings Call Slides